Congratulations to the 2022 Packer of the Year winners – Easy Shipping.
2022 saw a very closely run competition which went all the way to the wire on the second day with Easy Shipping retaining their crown for a fourth consecutive show!
Are you ready for the challenge?
Many are called but only one can win!
The Packer of the Year is our longest running and most hotly contested competition, delivered with the support of Britannia Movers International.
Devised by the team at Britannia Reeves the challenge is fiendishly difficult, but every year the team from Britannia complete the challenge at the end to show it can be done.
Faced with a ticking clock, a wooden container and a daunting pile of boxes and export-wrapped furniture, contestants comprising of a team of two must try to fit every last thing in or face penalties.
The Time and Place
Tuesday 21st & Wednesday 22nd November 2023, Hall 2
How to enter
The contest is free to enter and this year we have our best ever prize collection:
- A crystal trophy
- £150.00 cash prize
- A FREE wooden storage box from Chilfen Timber (winner needs to arrange collection)
- Use of a special winner logo for your website and stationary
- Vehicle sticker show the winning logo
Think you can be this year’s winner ?
Submit your entry today
One company can enter more than one crew, but each crew will only be allowed one attempt at the competition.
Please submit a separate entry form for each crew.
Entries will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Every attempt will be made to allow all crews who wish to take part to do so, but the organisers reserve the right to restrict entries should logistical matters require it.
Your place in the competition is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation e-mail.
Terms and conditions of entry
1. All crews entered must be currently employed in the removals or storage industries.
2. Judges will be looking primarily for the crew who can fit all of the objects into the wooden storage container within 15 minutes.
a) Any item/s left at the end of the 15 minutes will be calculated according to size / volume and in the event of a draw the judges will deducted these items from the maximum score
b) Each crew’s attempt will be timed by a judge. In the unlikely event that more than one crew finishes with the same score, then the judge/s will make a decision based on which crew completed the task in the quickest time.
2. All entrants will be e-mailed with a provisional time for their attempt. If they are not in attendance in the competition area at the correct time, we cannot guarantee that they will receive another time slot. Every attempt will be made to allocate times fairly according to how far entrants are travelling.
3. During the dismantling intervals between attempts, participants and observers must follow the instructions of our stewards to ensure that the area remains safe.
4. The prize-giving will take place in the afternoon of the final day of the event. If the winning crew is not present, they will be contacted and the prizes will be sent to their company.
5. If a crew needs to substitute one or both crew members, this is possible, but the organisers should be advised as soon as possible.
6. No entrant may be part of more than one crew.
7. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.